Due to growth and a desire for improvement we are searching for a dynamic AP Accountant to join our international accounting and financial team. Someone who seeks to learn, grow and take on more responsibility.
SPI is a global sales technology, training, and analytics company. We lead organizations into a new world of possibilities to improve sales effectiveness.
SPI’s global organization is comprised of a Belgium parent company with three operating subsidiaries located in Belgium, China and the United States. SPI conducts business across the globe in many languages.
This position will be based from SPI’s Zaventem BE office and will give service to SPI and its global subsidiaries. You will be responsible for the complete supplier accounting for the various subsidiaries, including the following tasks:
- Control, registration and follow-up of all incoming invoices
- Auditing of expense reports
- Responsible for the correct and timely entry of all incoming invoices and expense reports in the accounting system (Intacct)
- Ensure correct registration in terms of VAT
- Preparation of payment batches
- Posting of bank transactions
- Taking ownership of specific schedules (e.g. prepaid, fixed assets, …)
- Contact with suppliers and handle questions regarding invoices and payment reminders
- Constantly strive for a more efficient working method – make proposals – if necessary, contact colleagues in the team / organization to obtain this – and work it out.
- Assist with regulatory audits and tax accounting and reporting
What we offer:
- You will have a global interesting role within the company with the possibility to make an impact.
- You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm
- You will join a very international team, consisting of 10 different nationalities
- You will receive an attractive remuneration package with benefits
Compulsory Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in accounting or finance (+ 1/2 years of experience)
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) and good knowledge of French or Dutch.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to successfully meet deadlines and seamlessly execute in a very fast-paced, international environment
- A love for new challenges and being hands-on
- IT-minded, you quickly learn new systems
- The ability to adapt to changing business needs and take initiative
- The ability to be a team player, but also work independently
Your personality matters! We are looking for a person who possesses a strong confidence and outgoing personality. We seek a person who is self-managing, self-motivating and who enjoys working with a close team of colleagues in an international environment. We have a welcoming, inclusive company culture and look forward to welcoming you to our team.