We’re looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager to join the Sales Performance International (SPI) team here at our corporate US headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. This individual is an experienced enterprise-level consultant who will be responsible for leading customer engagements focused on sales performance improvement and change management. The Senior CSM will work with enterprise-level organizations (our customers), SPI and 3rd party resources to help successfully implement and deploy sales performance improvement solutions, which typically include the following:
- Identifying customer’s strategic business goals, and leading indicators of performance improvement (sales talent knowledge, behavior and pipeline) to better align SPI programs and services to meet the customer’s business needs
- Developing and supporting the rollout of multi-year curriculum plans to close sales talent Gaps and individual learning plans
- Supporting customer in obtaining measurable and sustainable benefits from the multi-year development plans Developing and supporting the Change Management programs that are integral part of Sales Performance Improvement/SPI programs to ensure adoption
The Senior CSM role is not a quota-based sales role; however, the Senior CSM is part of an Account Management team where the Senior CSM works closely with the sales lead (Account Executive) to develop and expand customer relationships focused on identifying new opportunities for further expansion and growth with the SPI/customer partnerships.
- Partner with customer key contacts and stakeholders, as well as internal and external facilitation experts, to create an overall strategy for sales performance improvement that aligns with the customer’s business strategy.
- Define ROI metrics / KPI’s to track effectiveness of sales performance improvement strategy, as well as integration requirements with supporting technologies, including but not limited to CRM and Talent Management.
- Conduct business reviews with the customer to report on effectiveness of sales performance improvement strategy, as well as plans to continue successful implementation and identify areas of opportunity/further expansion.
- Contribute to the overall success of the customer’s sales leadership as well as HR / Learning and Development leaders.
Project / Program Management
- Partner with customers to identify required functional and technical competencies for each sales and sales management role.
- Partner with customers, internal and 3rd party resources to develop and manage the deployment of multi-year curriculum plans and learning / training programs to develop key competencies.
- Partner with internal experts to integrate customer competencies and curriculum plans into SPI’s technology platform. Manage the deployment of multiple types of assessments, as well as evaluate and interpret results.
- Partner with internal CRM experts to integrate customer ROI metrics / KPI’s into CRM software.
- Leverage CRM and Talent Management to continually monitor effectiveness of the sales performance improvement strategy, and provide customers with ongoing recommendations for optimizing sales performance improvement.
- Manage third party training/facilitator vendor relationships.
- Provide leadership to customers on effectively managing sales performance improvement as a change management initiative.
- Work with customers to identify areas of improved performance, as well as areas where change is hampered. Develop plans to continually improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a focus around Business Management, Performance Improvement, HR/Training or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program / project management, sales management consulting, or B2B Customer Success related experience.
- Project management skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a bottom-line driven, fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience within technology industries is required, but broad exposure to multiple industries is preferred.
- Skill experience that is critical for this role include the following:
- Change management
- CRM and other Sales Operations tools
- Consulting and coaching experience helpful; strong communication and influence skills.
- Instructional design experience not required, but beneficial.
- Must be willing and able to work and travel internationally as needed, up to 25% travel required