SolutionSpeak – Delivering solution-focused sales presentations
SolutionSpeak is a methodology designed to enable business professionals to plan and execute high-quality sales presentations which creatively capture the attention of a prospect audience with meaningful insights, and then demonstrate value by showing how to solve the audience’s problems – and the potential value of doing so.
SolutionSpeak provides the methods and tools to help sellers understand their audience and develop solution-focused messaging that aligns with buyers and their interests. This program also develops critical presentation skills, including proper use of visual aids, handling questions effectively, understanding and using dynamic body language techniques, and collaborative meeting and web-based delivery management. Participants will leave with the knowledge and ability to develop and deliver persuasive, buyer-aligned sales presentations.
SolutionSpeak is based on an effective sales presentation model that is easy to learn and apply:
The Four C’s Presentation Model
SolutionSpeak will help sales professionals, account managers, sales managers, and marketing professionals to create and deliver buyer-aligned presentations that will connect with audiences, command their attention, and convince them of the value of proposed solutions to their problems.
What is included in the SolutionSpeak program?
Designed to develop critical skills for developing and delivering effective sales presentations, SolutionSpeak will help participants to:
- Discover and understand what buyers really want
- Know the right time to give a buyer-aligned and solution-focused presentation
- Develop compelling buyer-focused presentation content
- Improve their personal communication style
- Deliver an effective sales presentation
- Differentiate effectively from competitive alternatives, including the status quo
- Increase odds of winning more opportunities
Intensive Presentation Skill Development
SolutionSpeak is a live instructor-led training (ILT) workshop, focused on developing participants’ presentation skills. Workshop participants engage in group exercises and role-play, some of which are captured on video and reviewed for critique and coaching.
Each SPI SolutionSpeak instructor has been certified to rigorous standards, and they each bring years of sales presentation experience to ensure their credibility and enhance facilitated discussions. Alternatively, SPI can certify client instructors for in-house delivery and coaching of SolutionSpeak methods, at the client’s option.
Workshop Topical Agenda
SolutionSpeak is a modular program, designed to be tailored to the unique requirements of each client. The standard instructor-led workshop is a two-day, highly interactive program: using in-classroom tools, video recording and review, and skill application exercises. The standard workshop includes:
Introduction to SolutionSpeak
- Understand what a sales presentation is and where it occurs in a sales process
- Describe how buyers buy procedurally and behaviorally
- Learn how to deliver presentations at the right time with the right message
- Conduct an introduction exercise and passion presentations
- Participant-prepared presentations
The Four C’s Presentation Model
- Describe the importance of utilizing a presentation development process
- Learn how to capture your audience’s attention
- Learn how to connect with your audience
- Learn how to create dynamic content in your presentation
- Learn how to conclude your presentation
- Conduct individual and group exercises focused on:
- Develop interest-capturing openings for your presentations
- Develop five important audience connection points
- Develop a strong conclusion that ties to your capture
Proper Use of Visual Aids
- Describe the keys to effective powerpoint presentations
- Learn to use flip charts, whiteboards, and handouts for maximum impact with your audience
The Three V’s of Communication
- Describe the importance of Visual, Vocal, and Verbal in communication
- Conduct group exercise to capture the characteristics of a great presenter
Effectively Handle Difficult Questions
- Learn how to effectively field questions
- Role-play of handling common questions
- Conduct an exercise to allow participants to deliver five to eight-minute presentations
- Provide peer and facilitator feedback
- Describe short term and long term actions that salespeople and sales managers should consider taking to help reinforce and support new found Presentation Skills in their organization
- Review Pre-presentation Planning Worksheets
- Conduct evaluations; close the workshop
The SolutionSpeak workshop is designed with adult learning principles in mind. The program’s instructional materials facilitate participant understanding by using a mix of media to transmit and reinforce key learning points. SPI provides full-color training content in electronic workbooks, for use on participants’ mobile devices or laptop computers, as well as color reference charts, animated presentations, and interactive content, where appropriate.
Useful Presentation Planning Tools and Job Aids
The SolutionSpeak workshop includes a variety of helpful job aids and tools. As participants complete the workshop exercises, they develop proficiency by applying these tools to their practice presentations. After the workshop, participants can use the tools on an ongoing basis for the effective development and delivery of their own presentations.
The job aids provided in the SolutionSpeak program toolkit include:
- Understanding Your Buyer Worksheet – a template for capturing essential information needed to ensure a highly relevant, insightful, and buyer-aligned sales presentation
- WINIT Capture Template – a tool for determining the best way to capture the attention of a prospective sales presentation audience
- Capability Visions Worksheet – a method for creating a clear picture of solution capabilities that are highly relevant for solving a buyer’s problems, for use in a sales presentation
- Four C’s Presentation Checklist – a tool for ensuring that all elements of a buyer-aligned, solution-focused presentation have been properly developed
- 30/60/90-Day Implementation Plan – a planning tool for getting started with SolutionSpeak sales presentation principles successfully
SolutionSpeak provides presenters with the skills and methods they need to capture their audience’s attention, connect with their problems, provide meaningful and engaging content about a solution’s value, and conclude with a compelling call to action. The outcomes of this methodology are increased sales revenues, higher competitive opportunity win rates, and faster sales cycle times.
For More Information about this program Download our Datasheet or Contact Us